David is an LPL Financial Advisor for Discovery Financial focused on helping clients and their families become financially independent through the use of investments and strategies including 529, IRA, Roth IRA, 401k, pension, insurance and more. His fee-based approach puts clients first, not the investment companies.
Prior to his career as a financial advisor, David was a Captain in the US Air Force serving his country domestically, in Asia and on two deployments to Iraq. He spends significant time giving back to Veterans groups and working with those injured in battle. That service, along with service to those struggling with mental health and addiction, is the great passion of David's post-military life.
David grew up in Red Wing, MN and lives with his wife, Megan, and identical twin boys, Aksel and Owen, and daughter Bodhi, in Hudson, WI.
He works out of his office in Hudson, WI, the Discovery Financial Headquarters in Red Wing, and also meets with clients in Bloomington and online via Zoom.
David is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor of LPL Financial and has been affiliated with Discovery Financial since 2013. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, recognized as the highest standard in personal finance planning with rigorous training in 72 areas of financial expertise and thousands of hours of experience accrued prior to earning certification.
- MBA (Finance), Magna Cum Laude - Trident University International (CA).
- BA (Quantitative Methods & Computer Science) - University of St. Thomas (MN).
- Captain, US Air Force, 2005-2013.
- Holds Series 7 and 66 securities with LPL Financial, as well as life and health insurance licenses.
- Obtained his CFP® certification from the Certified Financial Planner Boards of Standards in 2019.
- 2020 Five Star Wealth Manager (Minneapolis/ St Paul Magazine & Twin Cities Business) *
* Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2020 Five Star Wealth Managers.