David is an LPL Financial Advisor for Discovery Financial and a SmartVestor Pro* focused on helping clients and their families with the "baby steps," IRAs, Roth IRAs, 401ks, tax planning, retirement cash flow planning, pensions, insurance and more. His fee-based approach puts clients first, not the investment companies.
- MBA (Finance), Magna Cum Laude - Trident University International (CA).
- BA (Quantitative Methods & Computer Science) - University of St. Thomas (MN).
- CFP® certification from the Certified Financial Planner Boards of Standards
- Series 7 and Series 66 securities registrations with LPL Financial, as well as life and health insurance licenses.
- Captain, US Air Force, 2005-2013.
- 2020 Five Star Wealth Manager (Minneapolis/ St Paul Magazine & Twin Cities Business) **
- Dave Ramsey Trusted SmartVestor Pro Certified*
Prior to his career as an LPL Financial Advisor, David was a Captain in the US Air Force serving his country domestically, in Asia and on two deployments to Iraq. The Air Force core values are still strong influencers in David's life: "Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do."
David grew up in Red Wing, MN and lives in Hudson, WIwith his wife, and three young kids; identical twin boys and a little girl.
He works out of his office at 2217 Vine Street in Hudson, WI and the Discovery Financial Headquarters in Red Wing. Clients also have the ability to meet at any of the Discovery Financial branches across the metro or via Zoom.
David is a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative of LPL Financial and has been affiliated with Discovery Financial since 2013. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, recognized as one of the highest standard in personal finance planning with rigorous training in 72 areas of financial expertise and thousands of hours of experience accrued prior to earning certification.
* The SmartVestor Program is a directory of investment professionals. Dave Ramsey, SmartVestor and Ramsey Solutions are not affiliates of Discovery Financial or LPL Financial.
** Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2020 Five Star Wealth Managers.